Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Texting for 50 year olds

I’m delighted that AT&T has “unlimited texting” as part of their family plans. When I look at our monthly bill I find our family consistently adds rollover minutes to our balance. What's interesting is the fact we typically have sent substantially more texts than we have made phone calls. I have learned that there is a language that is only used in “texting”. If someone types “bff” that typically means they are calling you a “best friend forever”. Whereas if they type “lol” it means they are “laughing out loud”.

Just when I thought I’d figured out most of the texting abbreviations, I have found there’s a whole new set of texts I need to learn since I am joining the over 50 crowd. I know that some of you that read my blog are either over 50 already or soon closing in on it yourselves, so I thought I’d be kind enough to share my research data on “Senior Texting Codes for the Over 50 Crowd”. Now I realize for some of you that anything and everything in life is "serious" so I apologize in advance for offending you and hope we can stay "bff".

So, if you qualify for Senior Discounts this is the code list for you:
ATD: At The Doctor's
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DMSSCC: Did My Social Security Check Come?
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWBB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
GGLKI : Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
HMPDUT: How Many Pills Do You Take?
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LMGA: Lost My Glasses Again
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
MOH : Man On Hood
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WWAITTA: Wait, Who Am I Talking To Again?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I Wish I Knew When I Was Younger

June 14, 2017 AARP published an article entitled “ The Age at Which You Are Officially Old. ” They cited a study done that year by U. S. Tru...