Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Word in a desolate land

Looking at a people group with almost a million members and less than 1% know the Father is staggering. But here on this island I feel as though The Lord gave me a word. In my quiet time I was reading Isaiah 51. Here's what I think The Lord showed me.

Verses 1-2 "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek The Lord: look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was but one, and I blessed him and made him many." Though there are few believers in this place there are some. As I read this it was as though The Lord told me He would bless them and make them many so that many from this tongue will be gathered around the throne.

Verse 5 "My righteousness draws near speedily, My salvation is on the way, and My arm will bring justice to the nations. THE ISLANDS WILL LOOK TO ME and wait in hope for My arm." Wow, there is coming a day when this island will look to Him in hope.

Verse 9 "Awake, awake! Clothe yourself with strength, O arm of The Lord; awake as in days gone by, as in generations of old." The Church must "awake" as in days of old. We must return to the days of Lottie Moon when people thought nothing of giving their life away that others may live. We must like the apostle Paul say "I count all things lost" (Philippians 3:8).

The Lord is asking today, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

His,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I Wish I Knew When I Was Younger

June 14, 2017 AARP published an article entitled “ The Age at Which You Are Officially Old. ” They cited a study done that year by U. S. Tru...